Hari Kondabolu (via misandry-mermaid)
This is CRITICAL. Remember, the oppressors do NOT want to stop oppressing; they simply want you to endure it but be quiet about it AND not acknowledge how it impacts almost every choice you can make in life and how you navigate life itself. This is the core of bootstrap theory, a facet of the lie of meritocracy, as to why it is a disgusting and flawed concept.
This quote is EVERYTHING.
I’m not obsessed with racism. You’re complacent in white supremacy.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson